Find, borrow or buy a notebook.
Time to create! Your notebook can be:
- A camera
- A drawing app on your iPad
- A voice recorder
- A scrap of paper
- An exercise book
- The back of a drawing
You can use:
- A pen or pencil
- Coloured pens
- A keyboard
- Your voice
What’s important is you use your imagination. Let it run free!
Discover why author David Almond believes notebooks are fantastic.
Write or Draw or Record your ideas before they get away!
The only rule is: No Rules!
- Decorate your notebook cover with glitter.
- Fill the pages with doodles or leaves.
- Make a video on your smartphone and then write your own script.
- Make a list of words that make you shiver.
- Write a poem - it doesn’t have to rhyme!
When you have an idea, write it down. Don’t worry about rules, just write!