Find, borrow or buy a notebook.
Time to create! Your notebook can be:
- A scrap of paper
- An exercise book
- The back of a drawing
- A camera
- A drawing app on your iPad
- A voice recorder
You can use:
- A pen or pencil
- Coloured pens
- A keyboard
- Your voice
What’s important is your imagination. Let it run free!
Need help getting started?
Discover why author David Almond believes notebooks are fantastic.
What’s important is to Write or Draw or Record your ideas before they get away!
Want to try something different?
The only rule is: No Rules!
- Decorate your notebook cover with glitter.
- Fill the pages with doodles or leaves.
- Make a video on your smartphone and then write your own script.
- Write a poem that doesn’t rhyme.
- Make a list of words that make you shiver.
When you have an idea, write it down. Don’t worry about writing rules, just write!