A Writing Destination is a town, city, or area where a cluster of people and organisations work together to establish, expand or champion creative writing.
Research emerging from the creative writing incubator, Papers Nations, has shown that Writing Destinations help to:
- Increase enjoyment in writing, language and telling stories.
- Improve creativity and wellbeing for local people.
- Strengthen relationships within the local community.
- Create more opportunities and participation in writing at the local level.
- Help those who write the least to write more often.
- Attract visitors and new businesses to the area.
- Bring extra investment and income into the whole community.